Jenelle Sigler - Community Project AWARE Manager
Hello Bridgewater-Emery Families!
I am originally from the suburbs of Chicago, and I have been in the area for the past 9 years. I spend my free time walking and playing with my black Labrador Retriever, Bruce. You can sometimes spot Bruce at school when he is "on duty" as our school's Therapy Dog In-Training! I also enjoy traveling, spending time with my friends and family, and trying new things.
As the Community Project AWARE Manager, I am here to ensure that every student is successful at school socially, emotionally, and academically. I am also a licensed School Counselor.
Project AWARE is a 5-year grant awarded to the Bridgewater-Emery School District that aims to bring mental health resources for students, their families, staff, and the community.
Ways I Support Students & Mental Health in our School District:
· Second Step (Social Emotional Learning) Classroom Lessons
· Sources of Strength
· Bring in Guest Speakers from NAMI (National Alliance of Mental Illness)
· Teen Mental Health First Aid Instruction
· Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS)
· Bring Professional Development to Staff on mental health
· Screen students for Social, Academic and Behavior health using the SAEBRS
· Connect students & their families to Southeastern Behavioral Healthcare mental health and/or Systems of Care services
· Provide Small Group Instruction for social skills
I can be reached by phone at the Bridgewater site at (605)729-2541 or in Emery at (605)449-4271, email is also a quick and convenient way to reach me at Jenelle.email@example.com.