top of page

Financial Aid Information

Below is a list of sites and information for Financial Aid opportunities. If you need more information or know of more resources, please contact Chris Schultz. Also, the Bridgewater Emery Financial Aid contact is Jessica Bivens. You may contact her with questions at

Important announcements regarding the FAFSA:

1. Starting October 1st, 2016 Parents of Seniors and Seniors who will be entering college for the 2017-2018 school year can begin applying for the FAFSA using 2015 tax information. 
2. In place of PIN numbers, Parents are now required to apply for an FSA ID number. For more information and to apply for the FAS ID number, click here.

Differences between aid students are eligible for:

1. Subsidized loans: Government pays interest while student is in school. Must begin repaying 6 months after graduation
2. Unsubsidized loans: Student is responsible for interest while they are in school. Must begin repaying 6 months after graduation. 
3. Federal Pell Grant: gift money, student does NOT need to repay. 
4. Federal Work Study: students can work at a job on campus and receive a paycheck. 

Other Financial Aid Phone Numbers and Websites:

1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)

This is a toll free number for information on any federal student aid program or for help completing the FAFSA, resetting the student's online FAFSA password, explaining the SAR, checking on the processing status of the FAFSA, changing the student's address or the school that will receive the student's information, explaining who is eligible for federal student aid, explaining how federal student aid is awarded, and mailing requested publications

U.S. Department of Education

Contact the department of education, the higher education agency, special education agency and adult education agency in your state.

Disability Resources

This link provides information about educational and other assistance opportunities.

This site provides information for students on how to file, pay and manage their taxes.


This site provides details about a variety of national service options and how students can earn financial awards to be used for education.

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services financial aid college or professional school.

Military & Armed Forces Information:
bottom of page